Friday, March 11, 2011

What's in a Name?


I’m addressing the name of this blog and not naming in general. I would like to tell you that after hours of brainstorming trying to decide what name would work for talking about general library things and then occasionally going off on a rant about something else here or there. And something that would work for me to post reviews on and something I could use in the years to come, it just popped into my head and I thought to myself you’re a genius! But nope it didn’t happen that way…

I had a list of library jargon and attempts at different names took it home and showed to my husband as I was laying there babbling on about what I want to do, a smile came across his face as he was looking at my brainstorming, the kind of smile that says I have what you want. He said, “Interlibrary Litanies” and my immediate thought was I love it. Then he wanted twenty dollars and I told it wasn’t going to happen, but I will give him credit.

For those of you who may not know it’s a play on Interlibrary Loans (ILL), which is a great way for libraries to make accessible a lot more books and information to their patrons.

So, thanks Rob for the name to get me started on this journey of blogging! Although this makes me wonder since I was waiting for my muse to inspire me and it was Rob who did, does that make Rob my muse?

No comments:

Post a Comment